Keynote presentation by Miguel Escobar Varela at the 2020 Global Digital Humanities Symposium, 26 March 2020. Livestream here.
Do you know of another emic interface? Please share the details via this Google form.
Projects/papers mentioned in the talk:
- Multimedia Critical editiona for Ben Arp's Tall Tree Nest of the Wind.
- Bernard Arps. Tall Tree, Nest of the Wind: The Javanese Shadow-Play Dewa Ruci Performed by Ki Anom Soeroto: A Study in Performance Philology.Singapore: NUS Press, 2016.
- Tangible Interface [Youtube].
- M. Escobar Varela 'Arduino Circuits and Javanese Puppets: Re-materializing Digital Archives through Tangible Interfaces', Digital Humanities 2016, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland, 11-16 July, 2016.
- Escobar Varela, M. and G.O.F. Parikesit, 'A Quantitative Close Analysis of a Theatre Video Recording', Digital Scholarship in the Humanities 32.2 (2017), https://doi.org/10.1093/llc/fqv069.
- Claire Warwick. “Beauty Is Truth: Multi-Sensory Input and the Challenge of Designing Aesthetically Pleasing Digital Resources.” Digital Scholarship in the Humanities 32, no. suppl_2 (December 1, 2017): ii135–50. https://doi.org/10.1093/llc/fqx036.
- Tufte, Edward R. The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. Vol. 2. Cheshire, CT: Graphics Press, 2001.
- Sean Pue's Visualizing Poetic Meter in South Asian Languages.
- The Man Who Built The Retweet: “We Handed A Loaded Weapon To 4-Year-Olds” [BuzzFeed].
- Mike Bostock, Shan Carter, Amanda Cox and Kevin Quealy, One Report, Diverging Perspectives (2016).
- Lorea Carola E. 2018. “I Am Afraid of Telling You This, Lest You’d Be Scared Shitless!”: The Myth of Secrecy
and the Study of the Esoteric Traditions of Bengal. Religions 9(6), 172: 1-24. doi.org/10.3390/rel9060172.
- Conquergood, Dwight. “Performing as a Moral Act: Ethical Dimensions of the Ethnography of Performance.” Literature in Performance: A Journal of Literary and Performing Art 5, no. 2 (1985): 1.
- Johanna Drucker. “Humanities Approaches to Graphical Display.” Digital Humanities Quarterly 5, no. 1 (March 10, 2011).
- D’Ignazio, Catherine, and Lauren F. Klein. “Feminist Data Visualization.” In Workshop on Visualization for the Digital Humanities (VIS4DH), Baltimore. IEEE, 2016.